Game night is a great time to get together with family and friends, share some laughs, play some fun games, and of course – snack! Snacks can make or break a game night; the right snacks can keep everyone energized and engaged throughout the night. But what kinds of snacks should you serve when hosting a game night? Let’s take a look at some of the most delicious, fun and creative snacks that can really take your game night to the next level.
From sweet treats like chocolate chip cookies and brownies to savory snacks such as popcorn, pretzels and chips, there are plenty of snacks that everyone will love. You can even get creative with your snacks by making something unique like popcorn clusters or cheese crisps. For those looking for a healthier alternative, you can whip up some trail mix with dried fruit, nuts and dark chocolate chips.
For the ultimate match day experience, nothing beats homemade snacks. Here are some easy recipes that you can whip up with minimal effort and maximum flavor!
1. Pizza Pinwheels: These cheesy, savory snacks are sure to be a big hit at your party. To make them, simply roll out store-bought pizza dough, spread a layer of your favorite pizza sauce on top, sprinkle with cheese and desired toppings, roll it up into a log shape, slice into pinwheel-sized pieces, and bake until golden brown.
2. Guacamole Stuffed Jalapeños: For a bite of heat in every munch, try making guacamole stuffed jalapeños. Start by cutting some jalapeños in half and scooping out the seeds. Then, fill them up with a mixture of creamy guacamole and cheese, pop them in the oven to bake until bubbly and enjoy!
3. Cheese Puffs: Bite-sized and oh-so-delicious, cheese puffs are sure to be a hit with all your guests. Simply mix together shredded cheese of your choice, flour, eggs, and salt. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crispy. Serve with some marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
4. Beer-Battered Onion Rings: Who doesn’t love a basket of onion rings? For your match day gathering, try making beer-battered onion rings for added flavor. Simply dip some sliced onions in a batter made from beer and flour, then deep fry until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
5. Nachos: No party is complete without nachos! To make them, layer tortilla chips in a baking dish, top with melted cheese, black beans and optional jalapeños, and bake until the cheese is bubbly. Serve with your favorite salsa or guacamole for extra flavor. You can also use commonly available brands such as Doritos for the same. Are Doritos halal though? Absolutely, certain flavors of Doritos are halal while others aren’t, so make sure you pick the right one in case halal is part of your dietary requirements.
6. Brownies: For a sweet ending to your match day gathering, whip up some delicious brownies. Start by melting chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler, then mix in sugar and eggs until combined. Add in flour and bake until the top is golden brown. Let it cool before cutting into squares and serving with ice cream for the perfect dessert!
7. Samosas: For a more savory sweet treat, why not try making some samosas? Start by mixing together cooked potatoes and vegetables with spices. Then, wrap the mixture in wonton wrappers, deep fry until golden brown, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
8. Summer Rolls: For a light, refreshing snack, try making some summer rolls. Start by soaking rice papers in warm water until pliable. Fill them with julienned vegetables and cooked noodles and wrap them up like a burrito. Serve with peanut sauce for dipping!
9. Instant Ramen: Perfect for the match day revelers who have stayed up late to watch their team, instant ramen noodles are sure to be a hit. Just add hot water and stir-fry with your favorite veggies, proteins and seasonings for a delicious snack!
10. Tacos: For a filling snack with an extra kick of flavor, nothing beats tacos. Start by cooking up some ground beef or turkey with taco seasoning and chopped tomatoes. Then, fill your tortilla shells with the meat mixture and top with lettuce, cheese, and sour cream for a delicious dish that everyone will love!
11. Cocktails and Mocktails: Last but not least, don’t forget some delicious drinks to add to your match day snack list. Whether it’s a fruity cocktail or a refreshing mocktail, make sure you have something on hand for guests who may want an alcoholic drink or something sans alcohol.
12. Mini-sandwiches: Mini-sandwiches are always a hit! Cut sandwich bread into tiny squares, and fill them with cheese, cold cuts or even peanut butter and jelly. Then, pop them in the oven until toasty, and serve on a platter for all guests to enjoy.
13.Popcorn: For something crunchy that’s easy to make, popcorn is always a good choice. Simply heat up some oil and popcorn kernels in a pot, stirring constantly until the kernels pop. Add some melted butter and salt for flavor and serve in individual bowls for everyone to munch on!
14.Oat Bars: For a healthier snack option that’s sure to satisfy, try making some oat bars. Start by mixing together melted butter, oats and brown sugar in a bowl until combined. Then, spread the mixture into a pan and bake for about 20 minutes before cutting into bars and serving.
15.Vegetable sticks: For a lighter snack, provide vegetable sticks with your favorite dip. Peel and chop carrots, celery, cucumbers, peppers and other vegetables into sticks and arrange on a plate with a bowl of ranch or hummus for guests to snack on while they watch the match!
These recipes are just a few of the many delicious snacks you can make for your match day gathering. For more ideas, search online or ask others who have been to successful parties in the past! With a bit of creativity and effort, you’ll be sure to wow all your guests with some delicious treats. Enjoy!